Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tuk El Nuit Lake - Day Seven & The Drive Home

Yesterday was our last day camping at Lakeside Resort on Tuk El Nuit Lake so we thought it would be the most fun to spend the whole day at the lake. While it was cool in the morning the day turned out to be perfect with lots of sun and heat. The kids had an absolute blast playing in the sand and water all day. We made lots of castles and volcanoes and spent lots of time in the water. 

In the morning I went fishing again, without the camera, and caught my self a nice little trout. Although I did not get a picture there were enough people on the beach who heard my happy cheers to vouch for my success; Chelsey actually saw the fish when I held it up so you know this is not a fish story.

As a special treat for the kids, and me, we went to Tickleberries again for ice cream after dinner but this time we were smart enough to get the small sizes. The weirdest part about our trip was that I took four pairs of clean boxers, we were gone for 7 days, I did not do any laundry and I still came home with one pair of clean undies...Weird

Our drive home today was pretty uneventful other then the fact we scooped up some more geocaches and checked out the Hope Slide.We also picked up a cache at Bromley Rock Provincial Park so we can scratch another provincial park off our list. It was a pretty boring park unless you are into camping on the river shore; with the kids so small I think we will stick to the lakes. For lunch we stopped at the Manning Park resort area and the kids were stoked to see all the gophers running around taking nuts from people.

Enjoy the pictures and we are already looking forward to next year; who's coming with us?



The kids playing with a friend



Floating on a crocodile

Chelsey went for a drift to find some quiet time to read; she got quite far out there.

Kyah has a habit of doing everything Chelsey does; here she thought it would be fun to sit on a floaty and read.



Chelsey and Kyah going for a swim.

Cohen getting ready for a quick cache hunt at Bromley Rock

The river through the trees at Bromley Rock Provincial Park

The Gypsy Wagon parked at Bromley Rock Provincial Park

Excited after seeing a gopher...

The kids were pretty happy so see some toys to goof around with; as much fun as they had at the lake I am sure they were looking forward to some non-sand toys.

Kyah waiting for a gopher...


The details on the Hope Slide; pretty impressive stuff.


One of the caches here was an "Earthcache" which is a virtual cache. In order to get the goods I have to send in a picture of myself in front of the slide with my GPS. As you can see we were dressed for Oliver weather not realizing that it is STILL pissing rain on the coast. Worst summer in a long time!

1 comment:

  1. I have very much enjoyed your travelogue Michael. I'm glad you all had a great holiday - now it's time to get back to the old routine!

    ReplyDelete