Monday, July 11, 2011

50 Things to do in BC Before You Die: #14 - Go Tubing in the Okanagan

Great day today camping at Lakeside Resort on Tuk-El-Nuit Lake as we whipped up to Penticton and hammered #14 of our 50 Things to do in BC Before You Die list. I awoke at the crack of dons ass and tried my hand a fishing again; I had no luck but it was awesome being out there on the dingy first thing in the morning. After breakfast we went down to the beach for a quick swim and to play in the sand. The kids love it so much that it is hard to get them to eat their breakfast as all they want to do is go to the beach, nothing wrong with that though.

After playing at the beach we had a quick lunch and headed off for our tubing adventure down the channel in Penticton. The kids were scared at first but once we got going they loved it. Even Chelsey said she was a little hesitant as she was unsure how it would work out but once we got moving she had a blast too. Chelsey wanted to go again but I had to boycott it as I was worried about too much sun; yes I am a baby but it was in the low 30's today. On the ride back to get our car we saw a water park so obviously we had to hit that up before we left Penticton; as always the kids had a blast there.

On our way back we made a stop at world famous Tickleberrys for some of their ice cream. Me being me I ordered the double scoop which actually turns out to be 4 or 5 scoops and the damn thing was bigger then my head. We got the kids child cones which were also massive so needless to say it was awesome. Since it was so hot outside it was a struggle for the kids to eat their ice cream before it melted and they sure did a good job. Enjoy the pictures...



Me and the second half of my Mocha Almond Fudge

Early morning shot out on the lake; everyone else was still fast asleep



First sand play of the day

Posing in the tubes

Kyah with Mummy going for a float


Thumbs up chief

Self portraits in the tube

A dog with its head stuck in a speaker

Kyah and her favourite pose she learned at dance class


Lots of this was needed today

Oddly enough the ride back was the kids first bus ride


Random Elvis who must have been very hot

I am known in many places; this boat is named after me.





Kyah chose her ice cream because it was purple, Cohen got the Pink Panther as he likes the cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment