Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chillin' at the Chilliwack Winter Fair

Today after skating the kids and I went to check out the Chilliwack Winter fair to see what it was all about. They had a couple food stands, some rides, games and of course the Rotary Train. We spent almost two hours there and the kids had a great time. The problem I have with these fair is that even a mild spinny ride makes me nauseous for a couple of hours. We went on some strawberry ride where you can make it spin faster by turning a wheel inside; not realizing how fast you can make it spin I gave it a shot, lets just say the kids enjoyed it but I am still paying for it.

Later on this evening I decided to take the kids to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner. Having never been here before I was pretty excited to check it out. I must say the burger is probably one of the best I have ever had and the fries were unreal; the place is bloody awesome. I think the biggest trick is ordering the right portion size for your family as a reg fries was way more than enough for the kids and I. Anyways, as soon as we sat down Kyah started whining about being tired and wanting to go home. Having explained the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf to her numerous times for faking and whining I once again did not believe her; I just figured she was bored. She barely ate anything and when it was time to go Cohen had a "burger incident"and got really sad. Trying to get them out of the busy restaurant because everybody was looking at me I just got up with Kyah hoping Cohen would follow me out. Much to my surprise he just sat there crying, so while I was trying to get Kyah organized so I could go back in and pick up Cohen I heard the infamous "Blagh" and turned around just in time to see Kyah blow her cookies just outside the front door of the burger joint with everybody watching. So I had one kid bawling his eyes out and the other one puking; it was great. Pictures of the fair, not puke, below...





A couple skating shots before the fair shots




Spinning on the Berry Ride



Third visit to "one of Santas Helpers" so far this year


Big truck ride


On the Rotary Train

No comments:

Post a Comment