Monday, December 5, 2011

Campbell River Trip December 2011

This past weekend we packed up Chelseys awesome mini van and set sail for Campbell River; I say Chelsey's awesome mini van because I always feel less of a man when I have to drive it! Anyways, we stopped at the mall in Nanaimo on the way up and as the kids and I were waiting for Chelsey to do her thing Santa came up and said hi to us; the kids were pretty happy about that then they said that was not the real Santa just one of his helpers. Sunday morning Nick and I spent some time trying to catch a Steelhead in the Quinsam River. It was a little early in the season but we thought we would try our luck anyways. We did not have much luck with the Steelhead but Nick did catch a nice little rainbow trout.

The Quinsam was a pretty nice river to fish and there were a butt load of eagles around and they were massive. It was pretty cool to see them everywhere but the bird crap was a little over whelming. The other bonus was that  the river flowed through Elk Falls Provincial Park so I can scratch another park off of our list for our 50 Things to do in BC Before You Die Challenge. While I was fishing Chelsey and Kim took all the kids down to see the parade and hit up the park; Chelsey has some photo's of this on her phone so I will get her to send them to me so I can add them to the blog. Once we all got back together Chelsey, Steve (Chelseys Dad) the kids and I went down to the Campbell River Museum as Santa was there. Even when Santa is not there the Museum is still pretty cool as it has some good exhibits on the fishing industry and logging. Once finished there we went to the Maritime Museum as they had a craft sale going on there; once again I was more happy with the actual Museum and they had a boat there that we got to go on which made the kids happy.

All in all it was a great weekend with lots of great food and good company. Below are some of the pictures for your viewing pleasure.





Risking life and limb for a Steelhead!


Looking good in the waders; I was packing tackle in the front pouch so I am not "that" fat!



The only catch of the day; lots of time left in Steelhead season!


Kyah had a tea party with Great Grandma Sharon; Kyah was in her element at the tea party!



Cohen LOVES going outside on the ferry even if it is freezing cold

He loves to see the moon out during the day too!





No comments:

Post a Comment