Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What You Don't Know Won't Hurt You

I have often wondered if the average American, or Canadian for that matter, realizes that we are helping to bail out the indebted European nations such as Greece via our contributions to the IMF. I also often wonder what the average American would do if they knew it. The chart below highlights just how much various countries are ponying up to shore up the balance sheets of the moronic countries; as you can see the US is throwing in a cool $50 billion, but hey, whats a few billion between friends?

I have my thoughts regarding who is actually getting bailed out here (perhaps it is actually the European banks who hold all of this government debt on their balance sheets) but I won't bore you with that rant. I would just like to know how many Americans actually know that they are bailing out these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment