Monday, May 16, 2011

A Male Epiphany

As I sit here watching the IPL T20 Cricket I came to the realization I am pretty lucky to have lived in a different country as a child. If it was not for living in Australia as a youngster I would only understand North American sports. Now I can watch even more sports and enjoy it all!  Not only do I get to watch the Vancouver Canucks make a run at the cup but I get to watch the Sunday AFL Footy match (Aussie Rules Football) and cricket. If you are a young person who likes sports I suggest you spend a year or two in a foreign country to broaden your horizons when it comes to watching sports in your 30's. Is anyone willing to take Cohen for a year when he gets a bit older? Gotta make sure he is well trained to watch sports and drink beer in his older years...The chicks dig it! That being said, the Twenty20 Cricket is awesome to watch, much more enjoyable then the Day Matches and Test Matches I watched as a kid. Rumour is they are trying to get Cricket to spread to North America and this new format should help. I would match rather watch a T20 Cricket match then a boring ass baseball game. With the immigration from South East Asia to Vancouver I am sure they could make a good go of it here.

CRICKET TWENTY 20 - A New Spark To The Spirit of the Game

3 comments:

  1. Dibs on taking Cohen! Does it have to be beer though? I am way more partial to a good margarita.....
    xJenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is my son and will walk in my footsteps; beer it is! We make fun of Men who drink margarita's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll take him anytime :-). He will not only get the footy here but soccer and rugby and the V8s too. And although we are a scotch and cider house there seems to always be beer in my fridge too :-)

    ReplyDelete