Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gold Panning with The Twins

It seems Spring has finally sprug and we took the opportunity today to make the most of it. Chelsey has dragon boat practice this morning so I took Cohen and Kyah to try our hand at gold panning out in Yale. I have never tried it before so I asked some guy if we were in the right area; he was super nice and even showed the kids some of the gold he found. It was a super nice area where we were and the kids had a great time running around. We did some panning but I think my technique is off a bit. In the sun you can see the gold flakes sparkling in the pan so I know they are in there. I think we may need the help of a certain Uncle Nick to give us some tips! I took a bunch of the material home to work on my panning technique so I will update if we find anything.

After gold panning I was happy to see the kids spend a good 3 hours outside playing in the front yard. Spring has finally sprung. Enjoy the pictures!





Kyah finishing off her driving snack




Cohen was happy to see all these train go by

Kyah working the pan

Chelsey bought Cohen a star wars game for the Wii that came with a sword; she got it off Craigslist so I can't complain too much. Needless to say, Cohen loves it. After playing outside all day he took off his shirt, and yes, he did put his pants on backwards!

Even rica was happy to see the sun. Now that the good weather is here I guess I better clean off he back porch again - lots of moss/mildew around this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment