Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Geocaching!

The kids wanted to go Geocaching again today so we scooted out to Cultus Lake Park as it is nice and close. All the caches we found were around the Maple Bay campground at the far end of the lake and we ended up snagging 5 for the day. Since everything is shut down for the winter it was pretty cool wondering around as all the trails were covered in leaves and there were lots of trees down across the trails. I was super stoked at how good the kids were as we wondered around for close to 2 hours and they whined very little. They must have had a good nights sleep because the have been chasing their Zhu Zhu Pets around the living room for the past hour and they are by no means taking it easy; hopefully that means they will go to bed good tonight.

Pictures of our adventure as well as the beginnings of my "Chilli-Con-Cupboard" below; I made a wicked ham and bean soup yesterday so thought I would give Chilli a whirl tonight...






This was a pretty cool nursery log; I have been trying to educate the kids a bit more on our adventures


Our first cache of the day

Kings of the Castle again.

I think Kyah took this picture

Cache #3 for the day

We had to cross this raging river. Good thing I got waterproof hiking boots for Christmas as I had to carry the kids across!






Another Kyah Woods original

Never knew this was here.

Kyah singing on the stage.



The beginnings of dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment