Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Chilliwack Weather & Some Random Kyah Pictures

So today the big story for us was the -30 degree temperature with the windchill, -14 without, and all the blowing snow. While I was at work this morning I was keeping an update on the roads in town via twitter and one after another they were getting shut down due to snow drifts, etc. So at 10:30 I left work just to ensure I could make it home. One of the pictures below is of a self portrait as I stopped on the way home to help some dude out. I was outside for maybe 5 minutes helping somebody dig their car out of a big snow drift. The road was next to a farm and had no protection from the wind and it was the worst wind I had ever felt in my life, even worse than mountain peaks in the middle of a snowstorm. When the wind really blew you could not see the ground or your hands and that is not exaggerating. It was pretty cool and in my opinion what winter should be! The fluff on my hat is usually black and my snot and eyes have never frozen like that before.

There are a few other random shots like our front steps which I had shoveled yesterday and our fort which is slowly getting covered by snow drifts. All the other photos are ones Kyah took when she was playing with the camera. She has a bit of a cold right now and I just thought she looked so cute in her self portraits.

I must also say that the City of Chilliwack has done a great job updating the public on the road conditions via twitter and even though our power has blown twice BC Hydro has had it back on within two hours both times; I feel sorry for those dudes out there working in this.







Our street is pretty well sheltered but still some wind


Our fort is turning into one big snow drift













1 comment:

  1. Awesome mate, the crazy weather is awesome - thanks for getting these pics up. Love the beard too - real lumberjack like! Say hi to all for us!

    ReplyDelete