Monday, January 23, 2012

BC Parks: Shannon Falls Provincial Park

To all you trustworthy The Phamlee readers this is the first of three posts I will do today regarding our awesome trip to Squamish yesterday.

While the main purpose of the trip was to go to the BC Mine Museum at Brttannia Beach (more on  that in post 3 on the day) our first stop on the trip was at Shannon Falls Provincial Park. While I have been here number of times before I really wanted to go again to officially knock it of our BC Parks list as part of our 50 Things to do in BC Before You Die challenge. The other reason I wanted to go today was I have never seen it in the winter when it was starting to freeze over so this gave us the chance.

The weather was gross yesterday as it switched between heavy snow and heavy rain with some brutal wind mixed in for fun. Even with all that the kids were troopers, most of the time, it was a quick walk in the snow up to Shannon Falls and they kids enjoyed it. I tried to find a few geocaches but gave up pretty quick when I realized it would be too hard in the snow.While the falls were not completely frozen over it still made for a nice view.  Below are a few pictures of this little stop...



Chelsey and Cohen with the falls up ahead



Kyah booting it up the trail




My lovely family smiling even after Daddy made them walk in the crappy weather!


Cohen took this picture, he is getting as good as Kyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment