Monday, October 10, 2011

Geocaching Chilliwack Lake

After Chelsey pulled a fast one and gave me the shaft today the kids and I decided to do some geocaching. When the weather stinks I like to find caches that are grouped together or close to the car so we don't get too wet. Todays location of choice was Chilliwack Lake as it offered some of both. Not much to describe on the day so I will let the pictures do the talking. But, in general we all had a good day and we found our 100th cache; yay us. 

There is also a couple of pictures of a fish I caught in the river last week. The picture kind of sucks as I knew I had to release it and I was by myself so I did not want to have the fish flopping on the rocks while I took a picture so I just kept it on the line and tried to snap one. 

I also have a video of Cohen ice skating that I have been meaning to upload to the blog but just have not found the time recently; will try and get it up soon. Enjoy the pictures...

The hook was in a good spot so I am pretty sure this was a clean catch, not a snag.



I cached with a frog and a butterfly today.

Our first of 6 on the day; this was one of the special BC Parks ones celebrating their 100th birthday.

The kids with Chilliwack lake in the background; we drove along the far shore  picking up caches along the way.

A view from another cache with the trusty Jeep to the side.

A view from another cache; the kids were play an "umbrella game!"


Lots of views today; the first snow is starting to fall on some of the higher peaks.

Kyah checking out another one of our finds.

Our stats to date, see the big 100 up there!



1 comment:

  1. Geez. We sure have some catching up to do!!! Congrats on your century :-)

    ReplyDelete