Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rainy Day Geocaching

I love walking around the forest when it is raining so I figured the kids do too! With that in mind we scooted out to find a couple Geocaches today. I got an e-mail stating a new one had been hidden by Cultus Lake so we decided to try and be the first to find it; and we were!! It took 101 tries but we were finally the first to find a new geocache! There are only a couple of pictures as our batteries started dying on the GPS so we were only able to find 2 caches. I could not find the camera so I had to use my phone, but the pictures look pretty decent anyways. Enjoy!

The things you find in the woods; this car was from the 50's or 60's  but the kids found it cool.

At the site of our first find of the day and our first FTF!

We all thought this was pretty cool. In the background to your right you can see the roots of a big tree that got blow down.  Obviously, it was a big tree as the roots were pretty big.

Cache 102 for us. October was a slow month for geocaching but we have been very busy with other things. Hopefully we can do better in November.

1 comment: