Monday, September 26, 2011

Sunday Funday

My Mum has been in town for a few days and for the most part we have been pretty busy with the kids activities, soccer, skating, etc. With nothing going on today we decided to head out to Hope as my Mum has yet to see the Othello Tunnels and it also gave us a chance to do some more geocaching. On the drive out we were able to pick up two geocaches before reaching Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park which is home to the tunnels.

We walked through the tunnels and then on the way back Mum became a leaf monster and started scaring the twins. Personally I thought she look more like a moose, but what do I know; pictures are below so you can decide for yourself. After hitting up the tunnels we went and looked for a geocache at the Nicolum River Provincial Park which is now permanently closed. It is still on our list of provincial parks that we have to visit for #43 on our list of 50 Things to do in BC Before You Die so we made the trip even though it was closed.

There was one other geocache I wanted to find before we went home and it was along a forest service road just across the street from the Nicolum River Provincial Park. The GPS said it was only 1KM away but I forgot that was as the crow flied. We made it to the geocache which was closer to 5km up the road which was a little dodgy at parts; then I thought that it is almost a tradition to take Mum up dodgy roads when she visits and that made me feel better.

Kyah fell asleep on the way back down so Mum and I had a good laugh at her head bouncing around as we made our way back to civilization. We started filming her to share it with you, which I do below, but then she smacked her head and cried so that made me feel bad. Mum being Mum just started laughing even harder, can you believe it?!? I need to start bringing her a pillow when we go on these drives.

Enjoy the pictures and short video clip...






I found this "bad guy" in a geocache and Cohen was stoked to get it

Searching for another cache


Mum called this a tobacco tree, pretty clever

Heading to the tunnels...




Found a cache.







The moose is loose.





The now defunct Nicolum River Provincial Park


The Nicolum River

Searching for a cache at the top of the forest service road



I found the cache but it was not in a good container so it had a lot of water damage

Heading back down

A bit of the view half way down.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to managed to get that sasquach photo! Can you guess which one I'm talking about.
    PS: I started laughing before Kyah started to cry so I'm not a bad Nana, I was just very excited about the bumpy drive.

    ReplyDelete