Tuesday, June 4, 2013

RTCC Update and First Cypress Climb

First riders to make it up, I am the fat stupid looking one on the left and was the last of this bunch to make it up
Thanks to everybody who came out to my fundraiser on Friday as well as all those who have donated; you know who you are. Your support is very much appreciated. Big thanks to my darling wife Chelsey as it was mainly her friend who came to the fundraiser as I prefer not to have the structure and costs associated with friends so I don't have any! With the help of that pub fundraiser which brought in over $200 (thanks again everyone), a well supported raffle at work and a few late donations I should be around $2800 raised for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. The team I am on, which is Team Wedgewood Hotel powered by Odlum Brown and Friends is nearing in on $400,000 raised this year which is mind boggling to this little Chilliwack person but I guess the pockets are bigger in Vancouver!

Anyways, the other cool part is this past Sunday our training ride took us up Cypress Mountain. Since I started road riding last year I have always wanted to grind my way up Cypress and Seymour so I was stoked at the opportunity. I just stuck in my easiest gear and spun my way up, it was easier than I thought so after a couple more recon rides I can try and put in a better time which should be fun; hopefully by then my chest will finally be clear! Other than thanks again to all my donors and fundraiser attendees that is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment