Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kids 50 Things #49

As you may recall there was an article in the Globe & Mail earlier this week that listed the 50 things your child should do before 12. Wanting to get a head start on the list we did something easy today and headed down to the river for a bike ride and to hopefully grab a couple Geocaches. I needed to take it easy today as yesterday I partook in some manual labour as part of my volunteer work for Rotary that included shoveling and moving gravel, soil, etc. as we helped build and fill garden plots for the local community garden; problem is I am not used to manual labor and somewhere in the process I hurt my wrist.

When we head down to the river the kids usually last for about an hour but today we spent almost two and half hours at the river just playing around and exploring a lot of the side trails. We ended up finding 3 caches on the day, we are up to 131 now; pictures of today and a few other randoms below...




Yesterday Chelsey had a dragon boat regatta in Deep Cove, we  went out and caught a race - this is them getting in the boat


Hanging by the river


The first cache we found today, Cohen is holding the GPS


After a busy weekend Cohen and Kyah cuddled on the couch and watched  Power Rangers on Netflix while I  made dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment