Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolution

Is it easier to keep a New Years Resolution if you make it public? There is only one way to find out and that is to make my New Years Resolution public and to track the progress.

Like 99% of the population my New Years Resolution does not make it past January 5th and it usually involves something to do with my health. Well after gaining 50 pounds since I got married 51/2 years ago and being told by the Nintendo Wii that I was overweight I figure I will once again make a resolution about my health.

The goal is to lose atleast 35 pounds this year and do my first Downhill Mountain Bike race. I am not sure what race it will be and it will be in the citizen class (aka The Beer Leauge). So I guess I should start off by listing my weight...214 pounds! No more beer for this belly!

5 comments:

  1. Dont you love what the wii fit does to your mii. I started out tall and slim before we had the fit. Now my mii is short and fat. Not happy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you mike...I have fait in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. abby said...
    good luck uncle mike! im here with my best friend brenna and she wishes you luck too! so keep us up to date on how your going we want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. abby said....
    oh the wii we pray to the wii! well i need to gain weight! my mii is soooo skinny i feel like it well just faint on the spot! (not that mii's can faint)

    ReplyDelete
  5. abby said.....
    right mum?

    ReplyDelete