Thursday, January 28, 2010

Finally Got a New Bike Rack

About 5 months ago I was driving up Vedder Mountain with two bikes on my rack. It was a Thule rack I got from MEC. The rack is a decent rack but not really designed for car rides up Vedder where you often need a 4x4 to make it up. Long story short, the rack could not handle the movement of the bikes while driving through the cross ditches, etc.; it snapped and the bikes fell to the dirt.
I was able to take the rack back to MEC (awesome store) and get my money back which I used to buy a trailer hitch for the Jeep. That is also when I put myself on the waiting list for an NSR 4 rack from North Shore Racks. After a 5 month wait they got some racks in and I was able to pick one up; after selling my snowboard to fund the purchase! (that is a story for another day). Now I dont have to stuff my bike in the back of the Jeep covered in mud and will hopefully get me out riding more.

If you are in the market for a bike rack I highly recommend one of these. They are super strong, easy to use and perfect for shuttling.

No comments:

Post a Comment