Sunday, February 22, 2015

Maiden Voyage

This past weekend we took our maiden voyage in our trailer. Little background on why we got the trailer...I have wanted one for the past couple of years as I figured it was a good way to get the kids outside more and was good for family bonding. We rented one last September for our Oregon trip to see how much we liked it (we liked it) and I was able to bug Chelsey enough that she caved in December when I found a 2014 for super cheap when the dealership was blowing them out to make room for the 2015's; not so oddly enough the 2015 looks exactly the same as the 2014, same paint and everything...scammers!

Since this was our first trip in the Minecraft Killer we chose somewhere easy to camp and just cruised down to the KOA in Lynden. Since Chelsey had to work Saturday afternoon this also allowed me to take the kids down on Friday and Chelsey came down Saturday after work. When we arrived Cohen met a little boy to play with within minutes and I didn't see him for the rest of the night - the Minecraft Killer was working already! The kids played in the park and played basketball and I set up the trailer; it was even quicker than I thought. We spent the rest of the day playing and after dinner and more play time we watched a movie before bed. Saturday was a pretty busy day as we fished in a fishless pond, went geocaching and play lots. Seemed the kids worked me tired as we went into the trailer for a little quiet time at 3:00, I laid down on the bed briefly and woke up sometime later to a pillow full of drool and the kids were already outside playing. Anyways, the rest of the trip was more of the same, lots of fun and very little screen time, so I will bore you no more and post the pictures...



Cohen doing his best impression of Papa Woods circa 1960




Kyah doing her best impression of Grandpa Steve circa 2014


Madison brought a toy archery set and Cohen thoroughly enjoyed it

The outdoor man kitchen


On the way geocaching


Found a geocache, just a little one


No comments:

Post a Comment