Friday, July 6, 2012

Canada Day 2012 Campbell River Trip

With us leaving for our trip to Tuc El Nuit lake tomorrow (I hope our house sitter remembers to water my vegetables in this heat!) I thought I should post the pics from our trip to Campbell River last weekend, so here it is.

Auntie Kim had her "lady stag" and with Chelsey helping organize it we had to venture over for the long weekend. We caught the very a tad late on Friday and rolled into Campbell River far too long after midnight; the positive was the kids were great. The girl stag was on the Saturday so after a relaxing morning I took the kids mini golfing in the afternoon as I had promised Cohen I would take him. After a bunch of fun mini golfing  we scooted off to Miracle Beach Provincial Park for some Geocaching. While I could "legally" cross Miracle Beach off our BC Parks list in the spirit of doing things right I would rather spend some more time there before we do. When we were Geocaching I found a robins egg on the ground and after checking it out Cohen asked to look at it, not knowing any better he squeezed it and it broke and splattered all over his face; while Cohen was not too impressed I thought it was very funny. After having dinner with Uncle Nick, Grandpa Darcy, Hunter and Easton I took the kids back home for a nice sleep.


On the Sunday we took part in the Canada Day festivities which included Sandbelt Races (only in Campbell River) as well as hospital bed races where the beds don't really look like beds. The mine where Uncle Nick is a geologist was entered in the bed races and when you look at the pictures and wonder why they are going so slow it is because they lost a wheel! Another fun thing to watch was Chelsey and Auntie Kim have a race on the "kiddie" bikes; Chelsey said she let Kim win!

As we need to get packing for our holiday I will leave it at that and show you the pictures, much like last year I will try and keep you all updated on our trip.



Cohen loves to pee on trees


Bush whacking for a geocache

The wheel less team




The start of the Isle of Woman race











1 comment:

  1. Great pics (as always) Michael. Have a good holiday next week - I'll be looking forward to your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete