Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whistler Trip 2010: Peak to Peak

We had scheduled for me to spend Tuesday mountain biking in the Whistler Bike Park. I felt a tad bad going mountain biking and leaving Chelsey in a spa for the day but we packed the bike on the truck and headed to the village. I offered to spend the day with Chelsey and do the peak to peak but she said no; I think she wanted to do it though. Once we got to the village we realized I was having mechanical issues with the bike and decided it was a sign for me not to ride; yes, I was in Whistler for 4 days and did not ride my bike! So we decided to do the Peak to Peak...

The Peak to Peak is a 4km long gondola ride from the top of Whistler to the top of Blackcomb. At points you are 1400 feet above the valley and the nutty thing about this gondola is that it only has 4 towers supporting it, that is nuttier than squirrel shit! It is a bit of a cash grab for the mountain but something you have to do once! Pictures and video below of the ride and the views from the Whistler peak. It is a short hike from the Peak to Peak base station to the peak chair that takes you to the very top of Whistler mountain.


Heading to the top of Whistler


Same as above


A man made resevoir they use for the snowmaking machines


A view down towards Creekside


Self Portrait


Black Tusk in Garabaldi Provincial Park from the top of Whistler; it is in my master plan to hike that.


What a stud


A view


Another View


I looked up the name of this lake in my Backroads Mapbook but I forget it


Heading from Whistler to Blackcomb on the Peak to Peak


What a Studette


A view from inside the gondola


Same as above








Yogi Bear, Boo Boo and a friend heading up to the Rendeavous for lunch


3 comments:

  1. You do realise I want to know the name of that lake now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concur.....Lake name please.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photo's Michael!

    ReplyDelete